Sunday, September 13, 2009

What I Want To Be

As one ponders what he or she wants to be when they grow older, it often differs from what they need to be or should be. One may not have the talent or skill to be what they want to be. A person also must take into consideration how they will support themselves not only in the present, but in the future as well. So this brings to question, what do I want to be when I graduate from Carthage College.
When I look into the future and see myself 30 years down the road, I would like to be many things. However, all of these things may not be exactly what I need. What I need is to be financially stable, have security within my job and be able to provide for myself and my family. The means by which I will accomplish these things is still to be determined and although I need to accomplish these goals, they are not always what I want.
What I want includes these goals and much, much more. I would love to have the flexibility to travel the globe and see places I have never seen before. I want to own a home on a beach in some tropical destination. To have a job where I would be able to balance work and still spend time with the people I love most would be a dream come true. Providing my family with a more than comfortable living would give me with extreme amounts of pride and satisfaction.
However, what I want is not always what I need and one must always contemplate this when trying to decide what they want to be when they grow up.


1 comment:

  1. This is thoroughly vague. What are you going to do? Where do you want to be? What's important to you? You need to make big decisions soon - you need a plan.

    ReplyDelete